Church and monastery of carmelite of the XVIIth–XVIIIth centuries
Church and monastery of carmelite is a landmark in history, culture and architecture of Dubno city. The complex of structures was created in the XVIIth–XVIIIth centuries in Baroque style. It consists of a stone church, a cell building and a stone gate in the southern part, where the main entrance to the building is located. The inhabitants of this monastery were called ladies, which gave the name of the street that led to the monastery known as “Panienska”.
In 1890, the whole territory of the monastery of Carmelite, along with the buildings by royal decree, was transferred to monastery of the Holy Cross, and the nuns were moved to another place. The church was turned into a church in honor of St. Job of Pochaiv. A bell tower was built above the entrance gate and a high spire with a dome was above the church.
In 1922, the church and monastery were transferred to the carmelite barefoot. But soon the monastery passed to the catholic nuns – the sisters of Providence. They kept a children’s shelter and a school here. In addition, there was a professional school. In the monastery nuns taught general subjects, and also taught housekeeping, tailoring and sewing, embroidery gold and silver threads.
After September 1939 the monastery was liquidated. In 1946, a medical institution was established in the former monastery buildings. Nowadays, it is an oncology hospice, which is under the care of Dubno medical college.